Real Facts About WTC Security

The 9-11 “Truth” Movement has at least three false claims about WTC security on 9-11.

The first false claim is that security was lightened just before 9-11 and the bomb-sniffing dogs were removed. However, the truth can be found from the following quote, found here:

The World Trade Center was destroyed just days after a heightened security alert was lifted at the landmark 110-story towers, security personnel said yesterday.

Daria Coard, 37, a guard at Tower One, said the security detail had been working 12-hour shifts for the past two weeks because of numerous phone threats. But on Thursday, bomb-sniffing dogs were abruptly removed.

“Today was the first day there was not the extra security,” Coard said. “We were protecting below. We had the ground covered. We didn’t figure they would do it with planes. There is no way anyone could have stopped that.”

As you can see, security at the World Trade Center was NOT lightened before 9-11- it was merely returned to normal levels. Hint: Increased security costs extra money. Furthermore, there was still at least one bomb-sniffing dog in Tower 2, so clearly, not all the bomb-sniffing dogs were removed.

As for the 36-hour power down on the weekend preceding 9-11 providing an opportunity to plant explosives, that claim is questionable as well and the evidence is here.

  • First, it can only be verified by one person, Scott Forbes and despite the claim that the power down was from the 50th floor up, Forbes admitted in another interview that he could not verify the conditions of any floors other than the one he was on.
  • Second, if you scroll down about halfway down, you’ll see another problem with this claim: The power down began at about noon on Saturday, Sept. 8, 2001, but take a close look at the ticket for the Top of The World Trade Center Observatory on 9/8/01. The ticket was issued at 1:41 p.m, almost two hours AFTER the power down had begun. The ticket images can be verified here. Now seeing as how the top of the tower would logically be ABOVE the 90th floor, if the power down was from the 50th floor up, as claimed, it would have made getting to the top of the tower problematic, to say the least.
  • Finally, as we see here, while Marvin Bush did indeed work for Stratesec/Securacom, David Ray Griffin doesn’t give us the entire story. Securacom was NOT in charge of WTC security. In point of fact, WTC 1 and 2 were owned by the Port Authority, so the Port Authority Police Department would provide a significant amount of security – and what was John O’Neill – chopped liver? There is also the fact that in 1998, Securacom was excused from its contract due to an inability to fulfill the work. Griffin also fails to mention that Marvin Bush left Securacom in 2000 and that Wirt Walker’s relationship to George W. Bush is none too certain.

Posted December 21, 2007 by Victor Chabala in Real 9/11 Facts

%d bloggers like this: